Lekki Shootings: Tinubu’s Son Reveals Why He Switched Off Billboard Before Soldiers Started Shooting Protesters




Whatsapp News

Following widespread condemnation, Seyi Tinubu, the son of All Progressives Congress leader, Bola Tinubu has revealed why his company decided switch off billboards Tuesday before started shooting at protesters at Lekki.
Seyi who is the owner of Loatsad Promomedia Limited, the company charge of the billboards said it turned off the billboard at the based the state governor’s curfew request.
had been outraged over the decision turn off the billboard, which they claimed was part of the plot attack protesters at the .
Eyewitnesses also claimed opened fire protesters after the billboard was turned off on Tuesday evening.
But Loatsad Promomedia, a statement on its Instagram handle, said it had no ulterior motive for the action.
The company said, “When the ‘EndSars and ‘say no police brutality’ protests started day one, we wholly supported the movement and used all platforms to the messages (I believe the promoters can verify this information) as we believed the cause.
 
“On Tuesday, when the curfew was announced we heeded the governor’s warnings and didn’t want staff in any danger, hence by 3pm staff had been ordered to leave the site and the board was switched off based on the governor’s curfew request.
 
“We had no idea what was going to happen and we feel the same anguish, pain and shock at the events that unfolded and hearts and prayers go out to the victims and families of this ungodly act.”
The company said it believed in the movement, adding that it was the start of the change needed to move the country forward.