. Bokoharam kill 38 in Niger Republic

Whatapp News

 




An attack by suspected Islamist Boko Haram fighters in Niger has killed at least 38 people, officials say.

It took place late on Wednesday night, according to a security source quoted by the Reuters news agency.

[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”70560″]
Local MP Bulu Mammadu also told the BBC that the victims included women and children who had been shot dead in two different villages.
Boko Haram is being tackled by a multinational force, including soldiers from Niger.
By attacking Niger, Chad and Nigeria this week, Boko Haram appears to be hitting out at a region which is determined to unite end the insurgency.
In Niger, Mr Mammadu said that, as well as killing people, the militants had burnt down several houses in the two villages of Lamina and Ungumawo in the Diffa region, close to Nigeria’s border.
Boko Haram first attacked Niger in February when the government said it repulsed an attack, killing more than 100 of the group’s fighters.
Since being sworn in last month, Nigeria’s new President Muahammadu Buhari has pushed ahead with plans to beef up the multinational force which will be made up of 7,500 troops.
The US has backed the force and offered $5m to help get it established.

(Punch)

you may also like:

Total compliance with traffic law’s our goal – Ambode

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Spread the love

Whatapp News
 



Loading…