- Clampdown was put on Jia county in central China amid fears of an outbreak
- The three patients are all local doctors and none of them showed symptoms
- Transport has been suspended and ‘wartime mechanism’ has been triggered
- All residents must wear face masks and only one per family can go out per day
- More than half a million people in central China have been put under a new coronavirus lockdown after three doctors tested positive for the virus despite showing no symptoms.
The county of Jia in Henan Province, with about 570,000 residents, has halted transport in and out of the area as well as local buses and taxis since Monday, according to a government notice.
Regional officials have ordered all villages, towns and residential complexes to activate their ‘wartime mechanism’ amid fears for a fresh outbreak, another notice said.