The Federal Government has appointed the chief executives of six information related parastatals under the Ministry of Information and Culture. SundiataPost gathered that the new Chief Executives include the following:
1. Mr. Ishaq Modibo Kawu – Director General, Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC)
2. Mr. Mansur Liman – Director-General, Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN)
3. Mr. Yakubu Mohammed – Director-General, Nigerian Television Authority (NTA)
4. Dr. Garba Abari, Director-General, National Orientation Agency (NOA)
5. Mr. Bayo Onanuga – Managing Director, News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)
6. Mr. Osita Okechukwu – Director-General, Voice of Nigeria (VON)
In a statement available with SundiataPost and signed by Segun Adeyemi, SA to the Minister of Information and Culture, the new appointees replace the Chief Executives of the parastatals who were disengaged on Feb. 15th 2016 and takes immediate effect.
Mr. Okechukwu, a staunch member of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) from Enugu State, was for several years publicity secretary of the Conference of Nigerian Political Parties (CNPP).
Mr. Onanuga was co-founder and editor-in-chief of The News magazine.