Home Metro NSCDC Arrests 8 Suspects For Alleged Cable Theft, Others In C/River

NSCDC Arrests 8 Suspects For Alleged Cable Theft, Others In C/River

730
0

By George Odok

Calabar, – The Cross River Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has arrested eight suspects for allegedly being involved in various criminal activities in the state.

The Public Relations Officer (PRO) of NSCDC in the state, Mr Solomon Eremi, paraded the suspects at the headquarters of agency on Monday in Calabar.

He said that three of the suspects were transformer cable vandals.

Eremi, who spoke on behalf of the state Commandant, Mr Samuel Fadeyi, also said that three suspects were arrested for alleged motorcycle theft, while one suspect was arrested for alleged burglary.

The PRO added that one suspect was apprehended for alleged break-in.

Eremi said that the suspects were arrested in Calabar, Ikom Local Government and Ogoja Local Government respectively.

He added that the suspects tampered with critical national assets and infrastructure.

“On Oct. 9, three suspects were arrested in connection with a case of transformer vandalism in the Ikom Local Government area.

“The situation has kept the affected area in darkness.

“We also have one suspect who was arrested for break-in and illegally entering an apartment at the Federal Pay Office along Marian Road in Calabar on Sept. 25. The suspect carted away some valuable items.

“On Oct. 9, our men also arrested one suspect for an alleged case of burglary at the Cross River Forestry Commission in Calabar. He carted away some meaningful items.

“Another case before us is the alleged theft of two motorcycles by three suspects. The incident happened at the Federal Science College in Ogoja Local Government on Oct. 9,” he said.

He warned those who were involved in all forms of criminal activities to desist from them.

He said that the Commandant General of NSCDC, Dr Ahmed Audi, had equipped officers of the command with the right equipment to fight crime.

Eremi also said that some personnel of the command had been put on the alert in the protection of the nation’s critical national assets.

He added that the suspects would be charged to court soon. (NAN) (

Loading...
Previous article2023: Group mobilises for Tinubu, Sule in Nasarawa
Next articleSecurity expert commends Buhari for improved funding for armed forces

Leave a Reply