Dutse – The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) on Thursday advised residents of Jigawa not to keep petrol and other inflammables at home to prevent fire outbreak as the harmattan approached.
The NSCDC Commandant in the state, Malam Muhammad Gidado, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Dutse that the advice was necessary because fire outbreaks were common during the harmattan.
“The harmattan is fast approaching, and so, it is important for people to be more careful at this time to curb the persistent fire outbreaks which commonly occur during this season.[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”70560″]
“Residents should always be careful while handling inflammable materials.
“People can be careless when keeping inflammable materials in their houses, which can later lead to fire outbreaks, if not properly managed,’’Gidado said.
He said the corps would continue to sensitise and inform the public on safety measures in residential and business environments to prevent fire outbreaks.
The commandant advised residents to observe the safety measures in their respective communities throughout the season and beyond. (NAN)