Zabarmari Massacre: Military Counted 43 Bodies Not 110, Says Enenche




Whatsapp News

Military John Enenche on said only 43 have been confirmed killed during the onslaught on farmers Zabarmari, Borno on Saturday by suspected terrorists.

On Sunday, the had reported that 110 civilians had been killed.

“We have also received that several women may have been . I call for immediate release and return to ,” the Resident Coordinator, Edward Kallon said, a .

“The incident is the most violent direct attack against innocent civilians this year. I call for the perpetrators of this heinous and senseless act to be brought to justice.”

Says At Least 110 Were Killed Borno, Demands Immediate Release Of Victims

Responding to the report during his appearance on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily, Enenche said the military’s casualty count still stood at 43.

“I have to respond, it is coming the ,” he said. “This is a source that identified itself that 110 specifically were killed.”

According to him, military officials accompanied Governor Babagana Zulum to the site of the killings where the 43 bodies were counted.

But some had fled the scene, as they tried to escape the onslaught.

The added that the military is still searching for casualties.

“Probably we may count up to the figure he gave in the future,” Enenche said. “But as it is, up till the I came here, what we have counted the locals is still 43. And we are hoping that we don’t get beyond that. So that’s the real .”

Source