We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Division: Network Group
Core Purpose of the Job
- Manage OEM vendor in delivery of rollout radio projects ensuring end to end implementation, integration, final acceptance and handover to MSV.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Network Group Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card.
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains.
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Coordinate, coach and influence external partners and essential support departments across MTNN’s business units to deliver a seamless pre-sales and post-sales service experience.
- Co-ordinate all Infrastructure Providers, Customers, Vendors & Various Cluster teams, as well as resolve escalated issues.
- Review Business Plan Project charters and develop supporting project work plans /revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements as well as evaluate technical bids (scope of work) from contractors.
- Manage installation, commissioning and integration of rollout projects that may arise from Business Plan.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs as well as generate progress reports on projects, migrations and upgrades.
- Ensure project timelines are met and resolve escalated issues affecting roll out of Special Projects as well while observing strict adherence to MTNN’s SHE policy.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspect of a project and scope and handover of completed projects to NWG operations.
- Manage project budget and determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensure timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities as well as set up key performance indicators for team members.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
- A first degree in Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical/Engineering/Computer Science or any related field
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Project Management & Rollout
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Telecommunication Industry
- 3- 5years experience in supervising/managing others
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
- May be required to work extended hours
Application Closing Date
6th July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Multiple applications are not allowed.